Not ready to strap on adult diapers? Here's one alternative -- No-Wash Underwear.
Rob Libfeld, a medical student at the University of Massachusetts, invented these durable boxers, after noting how embarrassed patients get during long hospital stays when their skivvies turn spunky.
Libfeld says, "The main problem is all-white underwear. Let's face it, the stains really stand out."
Libfeld's solution is really quite elegant, if not low-tech. He's designed two-toned undies that are yellow in front, brown in back, so if you have an accident, it won't stand out, and you won't feel as bad.
While this invention might not land this med student a plumb job at the Mayo Clinic, it's one way for any doctor or hospital visitor to show some bedside humor. "Also," he says, "It's a great Father's Day gift."
But Libfeld might be facing some competition, a Japanese company is currently testing s line of stink-free underwear called "J-ware," which would allow you to wear your trunks for more than a week without reeking like spoiled cat food. It's currently being tested by Koichi Wakata, the first Japanese astronaut to live on the International Space Station.
I'm assuming if you don't change underwear for a week you're also not showering -- a prospect I find intriguing (and my wife finds horrifying).
For the ultimate in undies, we need to get Libfeld to work with the Japanese so that one day our children can live in a stink-free stain-free world. The only ones who'll have to worry are the manufacturers of deodorant.
Weird News Highlights
- Tricks Are Not for Kids: Woman charged with prostitution as 7-year-old son watches (Bad Parenting)
- Bad Vibrations: Nebraska hazing halted after stripper incident with a sex toy (Tales Out of School)
- On the Move (Albeit Slowly): Fort Worth team helps 700 lb. woman leave home for first time in a year (Weighty Issues)
- NIMBY: German man hires neighbor to impregnate wife and sues when he finds that the guy is sterile (Our Litigious Times)
- Miracle Bra: Woman's undergarment lifts, separates, and deflects bullet (Women)